[Translators-l] Betawiki staff thank you and season greetings

Siebrand Mazeland s.mazeland at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 24 16:27:02 UTC 2008

Dear translators, developers, and other subscribers,

As Betawiki staff we would like to thank you very much for your continued
support making MediaWiki projects succeed, and hope on good health for you
and your loved ones, and your continued contributions for 2009.

End of December 2007 Siebrand formulated localisation goals for MediaWiki
For 2008[1]. They were ambitious. Really ambitious, and it looks like the
four goals that were set are not going to be met. However, us Betawiki staff
do not give up without a fight. There is still one more week left before the
year ends, and because of that we would like to give you an incentive.

== 1,000 Euro bounty ==
Together with Stichting Open Progress[2] we are able to make available 1,000
Euro, to be divided between all translators that will make 500 or more new
translations for MediaWiki or its extensions before the end of the year. In
the past week there have been 5 users that made more than 500 translations,
so that is quite an incentive, we think! If you are eligible to claim your
share of the bounty, please do that at the designated page[3]. Please note
if you would like to receive your cut, have us donate it to the Wikimedia
Foundation on your behalf, or if you do not claim it, in which case
Stichting Open Progress will repurpose it.

We wish you happy and productive holidays and hope to see you (re)visit
Betawiki often!

Betawiki Staff[4]

[1]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2007-December/000571.html