[Translators-l] [Idea] Credit of translators

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 06:51:12 UTC 2008

Hi there,
how do you think to be credited as a translator on your Wikimedia translation?

On our presentation at Wikimedia, how to motivate translators was a
topic.  Giving them credit was suggested by Wing. I personally think
it a good idea - I see this feature on other projects, like Mozilla or
Global Village Online, and have thought how it could be implemented to
MediaWiki. And found myself not enough knowledgeable to suggest
detailed specifications.

Before bugging it to Bugzilla now, I would love to get your opinions.
I expect it isn't a simple extract of editors' list from history,
since it isn't equal to the list of translators, while it may make our
workload reduced, even if we finally have to edit the credit manually.

How do you think, dear translator?

--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)