[Translators-l] WikiLove campaign - pictures

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 13 21:13:25 UTC 2007

Hi, again a crosspost :-)

Today I am here to ask you for your help with photos. We prepared two
example messages you can forward to friends and family below. Of course
we would like to see photos from all of you and you can see examples
here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikilove

What I myself experienced is that it is much easier to take the camera,
take some white paper and something to write when you meet people and
ask them if they love Wikipedia, Wikinews or whichever project - then
ask them to write it down and take a picture.

When it comes to uploading them to flickr and you don't want to do it
yourself, I suppose we will be able to organise it asking the community
for help.

Please use the various wiki-meetings around to take pictures and to ask
others to do the same. If you are at university or school things should
be quite easy, if you have a mobile phone that can take pictures or you
simply take your camera with you for one day and "do".

I hope we will be able to see your photo online soon then :-)

Cheers, Sabine

p.s. don't forget to ask others to do the same.

*****

Proposed texts (please adapt them according to your community and the
country where you live - we know that things can differ a lot from one
place to the other):

*Version 1*
Are you a Wikipedian fanatic? Do you ever wonder how you operated
without Wikipedia. Then show your wiki love! Post your picture depicting
why you love Wikipedia to the Wikilove Flickr group. Pictures can be
funny, creative, emotional, deep, or anything you want them to be!
Additionally, forward this email to your family and friends, and ask
them to do the same :)   http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikilove/

*Version 2*
Are you a Wikipedian fanatic? Do you ever wonder how you operated
without Wikipedia? Then show your love by posting your pictures to the
official Wikipedia Flickr group!  Pics can be funny, creative, or
anything you want them to be.

If you are camera shy, then simply check out the cool pics that have
already been posted.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikilove/