[Translators-l] some quick help

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:48:20 UTC 2007

Well, for the past month I've been cleaning up garbage and fighting
spambots on small wikis. The problem was that as soon as you deleted a
page, a bot would recreate next day.

Therefore, I've created "nospam" pages on many wikis, listing the most
created pages, and locking them agasint recreation.

Here are samples:
http://wo.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Nospam
http://vo.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Nospam
http://ast.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uiquipedia:Nospam

Some wikis already havesuch system, but they're few, so this is new
for most wikis.

I regularly check small wikis and update them. However, many sysops on
small wikis didn't know about cascade protections and that locking
system, so local sysops aren't updating  them adding new garbage
pages, as they don't know how they work.

So, I've decided to add a small line with instructions, as you can see
in the last 2 examples. I'd like to ask translators help me with
translations of that small line into other languages, so people get
aware what they have to do to mantain them and bot spam problem can be
kept at bay.

Thus, whoever has 30 seconds to spare, please add a new line into

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Drini/nospam

so next time I travel wikis updating the content, transalted
instructions get added.