[Translators-l] [Wikimania] Local information!
aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:04:34 UTC 2007
Wikimania 2007 is coming soon (very soon). I was surprised today to
find a blog "I registered Wikimania today" in Japanese, while I should
have known the registration would be open until the July 30, the next
If you are now wondering to go or not, it's the time to decide. :)
For attendees there are several useful info, including:
* Local information, transportation, currency, weather or electricity
... ready to translate.
* Schedule of main conference. Please be aware, it is not still movable.
* FAQ. Claimed not ready to translate, but informative.
* Proceedings. Many are still working, some are fixed and ready to translate.
Even if you are not there (I'll miss you very much), proceedings may
help participate in the conference presentations and discussions.
There are quite many interesting topics which you may want to refer
for improving your wikimedia life. You may find a chance to
participate in discussions of some presentations, thanks to Internet
radio and IRC. Last year some panels accepted questions from IRC
(someone on site asked the question on behalf of IRC participants).
Your translation will not only help the attendees, but also benefit
your community and you to take part in the conference virtually or
understand topics more deeply. Let's visit the website and join!
/me finds she needs a sweater, visiting "the local information", to
avoid mosquitoes ...
* habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *
More information about the Translators-l