[Translators-l] [Wikitech-l] The sad story of training material to learn Farsi

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:01:47 UTC 2006

I don't know where to put this partly-finished text...  Three related thoughts:
1) One of the reasons given for speedily deleting Wikimania
proceedings from wikibooks without discussion was that some of the
content was not in English.  I do not think that having part of a book
intended for English-speaking readers in a foreign language should be
grounds for deletion.
2) The Farsi wikibook on the english wikibooks is just a set of links
deep into the fa.wikibooks book:   http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Farsi
  Perhaps we just need Farsi training materials in more languages to
help clarify where to put them all?  The book isn't /useless/ where it
is now unless would-be authors can't effectively edit it in place.
3)  The Farsi Wikipedia just passed 10,000 articles.  Congrats  :-)

SJ