[Translators-l] What to do with outdated translated pages?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 07:53:22 UTC 2006

On 12/25/06, habj <sweetadelaide at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/12/24, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com>:
>
> > I think we have no template to indicate revisions. As Louis pointed
> > out sometimes, we don't have version management now. Or we haven't
> > assigned version number to our translation request. In my opinion,
> > such management will require technical support - like CVS. Unless we
> > have some neat extention, such support may be not available on
> > MediaWiki, as far as I know.>
> There is an "ID number" for each version, though. One finds it through
> the "permanent link" or "permalink" in the left hand menu. For
> instance, http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sk%C3%A4nk_kunskap&oldid=499775

Thanks, and now I found we even needn't to click that. We can get it
from magic word ... {{REVISIONID}}.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words

If we can display visible the data below, it would be helpful for us...
*The revision ID of the ongoing translation itseif (A)(givin by {{REVISIONID}})
  + A's latest update (given by {{REVISIONTIMESTAMP}} - or
combinations of some maic word)
*The latest source (B) related date (how we got it? Using template?)
 + B's revision ID a/o date or updating   (same the above)
*The source of the ongoing translation (C; In the beginning, B=C. But
it can vary)
 + C's revision ID a/o date or updating + link to this division? (or
link to the diff of the source division and the current one)

If we autumatically get that series of data when we set up the
translation working page, management of division would be not so
difficult. Template could be a part of the current system (Zocky's) or
separate one (I am not sure).  Thought?

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org