[Translators-l] Translation of "anonymous" change to sitenotice

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 23:37:48 UTC 2006

Hello, 'morning (at least for Asian folks)

I've scanned the page - we have now six language versions. Thank you
all for your help.
I would however like you to examine your version, fellow translators,
because I am afraid now no version hasn't reflected with the previous
mail of Brad; "donor"  was replaced  with "friend": donatore anonimo,
doador anônimo, anonieme donateur and (einen) anonymen Förderer. I
have no idea what Hungarian words mean.

We will appreciate your consideration if this change can be reflected
to your version.

Personally I am wondering if that modification is within copyediting
which is only meaningful  within English context and hard to transfer
to other languages, but it is good to examine if this slight
difference can be expressed in your own language.

Since Japanese doesn't say herein "friend", I replaced the word in my
former version with an equivalent of "benefactor" and then
"supporter". Such modification could be worthy to consider.

And I would like to stress that this request hasn't been closed yet,
if you are unsure if your language version has been done, please give
a look to the meta page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_request/WMF/Fundraising_Sitenotice%28Anonymous%29/2006

Cheers,

--