[Translators-l] UI text translation

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:00:13 UTC 2006

Since I realized the update hasn't been taken down globally yet, to
wikitech-l I mailed for asking developer's fafor.

I am not sure what will happen in every detail. It might mean your
local update will be overriden automatically and misfortunately. Or
not. I beg your pardon, my lack of tech knowledge enough inform you
what is expected. However I suppose a message in another language
might be better than a message in your language but outdated. I might
be wrong. Hopefully not - sorry for your all inconvinience.

I made Japanese versions on meta. If you prefer to work on wiki and
later move them to your project, please use meta page as your
platform.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Election_UI_text_2006

On 8/31/06, Tom Ka Chun Chiu <tomchiukc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Aphaia,
>
> Do you mean the Chinese Wikipedia? I have sysop rights there. How can I
> update them? Do I just edit the corresponding two messages?

Exactly.
In case of Chinese Wikipedia, please follow the procedure on the below
0. You may want to give a look to meta or give my previous post.
0.5 ... and want to make a translation somewhere, not directly (but of
course you can be bold to edit directly those pages and the boldness
is encouraged here on Wikimedia project ;p )
1.  Edit [[MediaWiki:boardvote_notqualified]]
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:boardvote_notqualified
You may want to optimize the message (I added "Sorry" for Japanese
people. Since they prefer such politeness, for instance)
2. Save ;)
3. Edit [[MediaWiki:boardvote_notloggedin]]
http:zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:boardvote_notloggedin
4. Save again ;)
5. Your work for updating is done. Thank you!

In a similar way, admins may update those files on their wikis.
Thank you for your cooperations!

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org