[Translators-l] [Foundation-l] Wikimedia Privacy Policy: Update to account for CheckUser access

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 11:18:54 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Privacy policy at
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_policy is now out of date,
> since it precedes the large scale use of "CheckUser" and claims only
> "developers" have access to the IPs of logged in users.
>
> I am suggested a revised version at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Angela/Privacy_policy (see
> http://tinyurl.com/nbguc for a diff from the current version).

To gather feedbacks widely, would it better to translate into core
langs (means Es, Fr, Ja and Zh following a recent agreement on
translation subcom) before the Board discuss it? Or not, currently I'
m not sure - most of people who are interested in the Foundation
matters seem not to hesitate in English discussion, but privacy policy
affects not only such active users but all who access the website.

As for particular langs, I assume Ja version will be necessary to
gather JA folks, or not - even with JA translated version, no feedback
will come out from them. Or not. I have no sure predictions on those
people, confess I.
というわけで、どう思います? > all other active users on JA*

I'd like to know possibilities on each langs mentioned on the above.
Other langs' cases are also appreciate, specially suggestion like "you
forgot XXX and why you shouldn't have missed it".

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com