[Translators-l] Re: [Foundation-l] The elections have begun!

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 04:07:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

On 5/30/05, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> The elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation are now
> open. In order to accommodate all projects, every effort will be made to
> translate the election notice into all of the languages used by the Foundation.
> As such, we are asking that everyone pitch in to ensure that the Election
> regulations are translated before candidates issue their statements. Please see
> _http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Elections_for_the_Board_of_Trustees_of_the_Wikim
> edia_Foundation%2C_2005/En_
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Elections_for_the_Board_of_Trustees_of_the_Wikimedia_Foundation,_2005/En)

and thank you for your interest, we have already Election notice
translated into 11 languages (+ original English one). Some are on
meta and linked from local projects,
most are on local projects (and linked from other local projects). On
behalf of the election organizers, I appreciate you all of
translators.

Already I posted English version to several local projects and some
were already translated.
Let's keep it up soon candidate presentation is coming up ;-)

Some posted notice including to De,
Wikipedia:Wahlen ins Board of Trustees der Wikimedia-Foundation
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wahlen_ins_Board_of_Trustees_der_Wikimedia-Foundation
or Hr
Wikipedia:Izbori
http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Izbori
are still waiting for translators. If you can speak those languages,
please care for them ;)

There are still projects which have last year notice. Please check
your favorite project
and if the notice should be updated, and can't wait for its arrival
from our organizer's slow hand, don't hesitate and snatch the latest
version from
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Elections_for_the_Board_of_Trustees_of_the_Wikimedia_Foundation,_2005/En
or other language one. Also, if you would like to post Election notice
to local projects or put a message on it on Village pump, it will be
very appreciated.

So see you again after DB unlocked,
Best,

--