[Translators-l] [Foundation Site] Update and need of translators

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 13:32:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:46:01 -0500, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's looking better already.  Sweet.

Indeed. Some recent efforts of translators make it much more sweetend.
Just now I update Es "Home" and "About" on the WMF site thanks for Seli-Haldan,
the Spanish Wikipedian Proofedit by another Spanish speaking
Wikipedian will be appriciated.

And I appriciate too many translators who engaged "Wikimedia needs your help".
I hope to see their names again on the list of Wikimedia Quarto vol.2'
translators  ;-)

> It would also be nice to have a brief "News" page with translations
> into a  few languages, as you noted.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/summary/en is
my first atempt. Any your improvement will be appliciated.

Also I created a translation request page about project related
matters in the German Wikipedia. Wikipedia:Übersetzungswünsche and as
an experiment turn a Wikinews related article to a redirect to German
project
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%C3%9Cbersetzungsw%C3%BCnsche).

If you prefer to work on your local wiki, it could be a way to promote
translations on your wiki.

Cheers,

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org