[Translators-l] Quarto skeleton

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:04:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 03:15:46 -0500, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can create a skeleton of the Quarto in your language, using
> template-style links to each section.  Look at how the current Quarto
> is laid out:
>     http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WQ/2

ja の翻訳者のみなさま:また Quarto 翻訳の時期がやってまいりました。
年の瀬でお忙しい事かとは存じますが、おこたでみかんなと向くつれづれに
翻訳をお楽しみいただければ幸いです。
ja のスケルトンの立ち上げは一応やっておきました。ただしコンテンツがいくつか Template
で入っているので、それは後ですこし調整する必要があります。p.1 は翻訳開始しています。

あといまから着手できるのは p.3 と p.8 のそれぞれ一部でしょうか。

Thank you for your heartful reference on me, Sj. Your steadily devotion
to the newsletter and encouragement to the translator team are always
what I have cheered up. And I thank all translators and contributors
who have been given their help to this project. I expect you have enjoyed
both translation and its result.

It is my great preasure to see so many people participate in this task.
 I am happy to read reports from other projects specially I can't read.
Already we have local project reports from Chinese and Arabic Wikipedia.
Till 24 December I expect we have much more reports from other projects.

As for translation of vol.2 I would like to mention two things as tips.
1.
During translation of vol1, I found there was an edit conflict possibility,
if some translators engaged. Team translation was very helpful but sometimes
Ja team had to discard the result because of edit conflct. Avoiding
such waste of
time and effort, we had a table on talk and each translator let others
know which part
he would engage. This table  was very helpful and ja and de used such thing.
It was also helpful to talk some difficult part to understand.

If you have a chance to find other translators, I recommand you to use
such a table.
And it would be helpful to drop a note on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Babylon
if you have some difficulties on your translation. A Japanese proverb
says "wisdom
of three person is equal to the wisdom of Bodisattova" ;p

2.
In this issue the original has some new tricks which was not used in the vol.1
Many parts of the text in English are provided with Template, so it should be
replaced to a plain text if you make a skelton in your lang. Each
template could
be substituted with its content with {{subst:Template name}} instead
of {{Template name}}.
I am sure most of you know this trick already - it's just a reminder.
Don't take me ill...

OK, let's begin to our task; I hope it would be a good passtime for you
during a long night. ;)

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com