[Mediawiki-i18n] proposal to split core messages to several files

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:32:15 UTC 2017

Amir E. Aharoni, 13/06/2017 10:36:
> The intention is to make the translation process easier, especially into
> new languages and languages where the current translation completeness
> is low. [1]

Speaking of which, we just added a few interesting messages from core to
the list of most used/most important messages, and there are now several
languages which lack just 200 or so translations to complete them. For
example, they include messages for action=info, which gives juicy
information to many registered and unregistered users.

https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:MessageGroupStats/core-0-mostused

Nemo

P.s.: They are

el: Greek
ilo: Iloko
sr-ec: Serbian (Cyrillic script)
frr: Northern Frisian
ro: Romanian
da: Danish
oc: Occitan
lt: Lithuanian
ba: Bashkir
be: Belarusian
hif-latn: Fiji Hindi (Latin script)
is: Icelandic
jv: Javanese
roa-tara: tarandíne
yi: Yiddish
hsb: Upper Sorbian
ur: Urdu
diq: Zazaki
gd: Scottish Gaelic
nap: Neapolitan
te: Telugu
tr: Turkish
cy: Welsh
mr: Marathi
sk: Slovak
sr-el: Serbian (Latin script)
th: Thai
gsw: Swiss German
ksh: Colognian
ml: Malayalam
ne: Nepali
sq: Albanian
eu: Basque
mai: Maithili
azb: تۆرکجه
hr: Croatian
or: Odia
gu: Gujarati
pms: Piedmontese
sco: Scots
as: Assamese
frp: Arpitan
sa: Sanskrit
yue: Cantonese
ckb: Central Kurdish
nn: Norwegian Nynorsk
af: Afrikaans
mg: Malagasy
nds-nl: Low Saxon
lki: Laki
ms: Malay
bgn: Western Balochi
scn: Sicilian
kk-cyrl: Kazakh (Cyrillic script)
vec: Venetian
ps: Pashto
sh: Serbo-Croatian
qu: Quechua
tt-cyrl: Tatar (Cyrillic script)
si: Sinhala
su: Sundanese
pa: Punjabi
war: Waray
awa: Awadhi
mt: Maltese
lv: Latvian
ta: Tamil
hy: Armenian
lrc: Northern Luri
fo: Faroese
krc: Karachay-Balkar
az: Azerbaijani
sgs: Samogitian
yo: Yoruba
xmf: Mingrelian
ce: Chechen
shn: Shan
km: Khmer
my: Burmese
wuu: Wu Chinese
kn: Kannada
dsb: Lower Sorbian
pnb: Western Punjabi
rue: Rusyn
vro: Võro
grc: Ancient Greek
sd: Sindhi
tl: Tagalog
fur: Friulian
inh: Ingush
tcy: Tulu
arq: Algerian Arabic
khw: Khowar
bcl: Bikol Central
szl: Silesian
gom-latn: Goan Konkani (Latin script)
hak: Hakka Chinese
bho: Bhojpuri
pfl: Palatine German
ku-latn: Kurdish (Latin script)
arz: Egyptian Arabic
wo: Wolof
dty: डोटेली
lfn: Lingua Franca Nova
jut: Jutish
anp: Angika
ady-cyrl: адыгабзэ
mzn: Mazanderani
rm: Romansh
la: Latin
io: Ido
hrx: Hunsrik
jam: Jamaican Creole English
udm: Udmurt
gom-deva: Goan Konkani (Devanagari script)
olo: Livvi-Karelian
ace: Achinese
atj: Atikamekw
bqi: Bakhtiari