[Mediawiki-i18n] [Wikitech-ambassadors] Developer Wishlist Survey: propose your ideas

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 31 07:20:11 UTC 2017

Remember, the deadline for proposing developer wishes is TODAY, January 31
at 23:59 UTC
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170131T235959&p1=1440>
.

The Developer Wishlist voting phase is planned to start next Monday,
February 6.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist#Timeline

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Srishti Sethi <ssethi at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> That's right! At the Wikimedia Developer Summit, we decided to organize a
> Developer Wishlist Survey, and here we go:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist
>
> The Wikimedia technical community seeks input from developers for
> developers, to create a high-profile list of desired improvements. The
> scope of the survey includes the MediaWiki platform (core software, APIs,
> developer environment, enablers for extensions, gadgets, templates, bots,
> dumps), the Wikimedia server infrastructure, the contribution process, and
> documentation.
>
> The best part: we want to have the results published by Wednesday,
> February 15. Yes, in a month, to have a higher chance to influence the
> Wikimedia Foundation annual plan FY 2017-18.
>
> There's no time to lose. *Propose your ideas before the end of January, *
> either by pushing existing tasks in Phabricator or by creating new ones.
> You can find instructions on the wiki page
> <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist>. Questions and
> feedback are welcome especially on the related Talk page.
>
> The voting phase is expected to start on February 6 (tentative). Watch
> this space (or even better, the wiki page).
>
> Cheers,
> Srishti Sethi
> Developer Advocate, Technical Collaboration team
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:SSethi_(WMF)
>
> --
Quim Gil