[Mediawiki-i18n] ISO 639-3 annual changes

mathieu stumpf guntz psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Wed Feb 8 10:09:02 UTC 2017

By the way, we use "als" (https://als.wikipedia.org/) for Alemannic
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alemannic_German> whose ISO 639-3 is
"gsw". Should we do something about that ?

There are active discussions on Alemannic language*s*
<https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:Recherche?search=gsw&prefix=Wiktionnaire%3AWikid%C3%A9mie&fulltext=Rechercher+dans+les+archives+de+la+Wikid%C3%A9mie&fulltext=Search>
on the French Wikitionnary, with a good summary of the situation
<https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionnaire:Wikid%C3%A9mie/janvier_2017#Que_faire_de_l.27alsacien_.3F>
and solution proposals by Lyokoï. Discussions are following works around
the project "langues de France
<https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Langues_de_France>", especially
lingualibre <http://www.lingualibre.fr/>, and various support from OLCA
(/Office pour la Langue et la Culture d’Alsace/, Office for the Language
and Culture of Alsace) which provided active help in finding location to
host the next Wikiconvention francophone
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConvention_francophone/2017/fr>.

There are also some discussion on "gsw" on the Alemanic Wikipedia
<https://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Suech?search=gsw&prefix=Wikipedia%3AStammtisch%2F&fulltext=Archiv+dursueche&fulltext=Search&searchToken=agupy8m0zs1u98f6wtoje1n9a>.

Bis bàll,
Mathieu