[Mediawiki-i18n] MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle 2016.10 release
kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:57:00 UTC 2016
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2016.10. This bundle is The bundle is compatible with MediaWiki
1.26 and 1.27 or above and requires PHP 5.5.9 or above.
Next MLEB is expected to be released in 3 months. If there are major
changes or important bug fixes, we will do intermediate release.
Please give us your feedback at
* Download: https://translatewiki.net/mleb/MediaWikiLanguageExtensionBundle-2016.10.tar.bz2
* sha256sum: f82ac16b1a71433d68066c684c2e67379d3c435d1938044a9f0f0582cb6549b3
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Highlights and upgrade notes ==
* Easy way to access wikitext editor from Special:Translate. T48955
* Special:Translate now works with MobileFrontend. T102922
* Special:Translate now works better in mobile devices. T146134
* WebAPI module to query user's babel languages.
* The style of ULS's dialogs have been updated and polished to be more
streamlined (for real this time, was incorrectly claimed to be
included in 2016.08).
== Babel ==
* Kunal Mehta made is possible to store babel languages in the
database for efficient querying if a configuration option is enabled.
* Kunal Mehta added an WebAPI module to query user's babel languages.
* Kunal Mehta made it possible to read user's babel languages from a
central wiki if a configuration option is enabled. T95877
* Ricordisamoa added a configuration option that can be used to set
namespace limits to restrict for which pages are automatically
categorized to babel categories. T69334
* Niklas Laxström removed references to non-existing configuration
* Kunal Mehta made the new babel database table to start populating
automatically if it exists.
* Kunal Mehta changed the main babel category no longer include users
who set the skill level to zero. T146909
== CLDR and LocalisationUpdate ==
* Maintenance and localisation updates only.
== CleanChanges ==
* Niklas Laxström fixed a minor issue causing unnecessary code to load
on certain configurations. T146476
== Translate ==
* Glaisher improved how Translate checks and enforces restrictions for
* C0nnex taught Translate to support new authentication method for
Microsoft Translate API. T46679
* Niklas Laxström removed the broken new line handling from Microsoft
Translate API support. T60121
* Jon Robson and Niklas Laxström made Special:Translate work with
Mobile Frontend. T102922
* Niklas Laxström polished Special:Translate to work better in mobile
* Glaisher added way to access wikitext editor from Special:Translate. T48955
* Federico Leva and Niklas Laxström made "hide own translations"
button in Special:Translate only appear when relevant. T50972
* Erik Moeller added support for explicitly chosen namespace constant
* Niklas Laxström fixed an issue causing email confirmation emails to
be sent twice for sandbox users. T147570
* Erik Moeller added support for CLDR-style plural keywords to JSON
file format support.
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* Amir Aharoni changed "Language search" to "Search for a language". T138235
* New design implemented by Niklas Laxström was imported from jquery.uls.
* Niklas Laxström improved language change tooltip positioning. T145483
* Amir Aharoni documented available hooks and added one new hook. T145755
* Fomafix improved and simplified the way the CSS is loaded for ULS
triggers to avoid flash.
* Ed Sanders updated beta feature image to use proper layout and
* Niklas Laxström fixed an issue that caused unparsed plural syntax
appear in the compact language links. T148117
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n