[Mediawiki-i18n] Wikimedia takes part in Google Code-in. Which small Language/i18n tasks do you plan to mentor?

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 7 20:03:08 UTC 2016

Wikimedia is among the 17 organizations in Google Code-in (GCI) 2016!
GCI starts on November 28th. It's a contest for 13-17 year old students
working on small tasks and a great opportunity to let new contributors
make progress and help with smaller tasks on your To-Do list!

There are currently 46 open Language Engineering tasks marked as easy:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/lfW76SqWto3z/#R

What we want you to do:

BECOME A MENTOR:

1. Go to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Code-in_2016 and add
yourself to the mentor's table.
2. Get an invitation email to register on the contest site.

PROVIDE SMALL TASKS:

We want your tasks in the following areas: code, outreach/research,
documentation/training, quality assurance, user interface/design.
(Please note that translation tasks are not allowed.)

1. Create a Phabricator task (which would take you 2-3h to complete) or
pick an existing Phabricator task you'd mentor.
2. Add the "Google-Code-In-2016" project tag.
3. Add a comment "I will mentor this in #GCI2016".

Looking for task ideas? Check the "easy" tasks in Phabricator:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Annoying_little_bugs offers links.

Make sure to cover expectations and deliverables in your task.
And once the contest starts on Nov 28, be ready to answer and review
contributions quickly.

Any questions? Just ask, we're happy to help.

Thank you for your help broadening our contributor base!
andre

--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/