[Mediawiki-i18n] MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle 2016.08 release
kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:44:49 UTC 2016
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2016.08. This bundle is The bundle is compatible with MediaWiki
1.26 and 1.27 or above and requires PHP 5.5.9 or above.
Next MLEB is expected to be released in 3 months. If there are major
changes or important bug fixes, we will do intermediate release.
Please give us your feedback at
* Download: https://translatewiki.net/mleb/MediaWikiLanguageExtensionBundle-2016.08.tar.bz2
* sha256sum: aba09ead5f2c646e5960ce2aecc36866ee092079f51598d0aab461c7655410da
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Highlights and upgrade notes ==
* Translate extension now requires Elastica extension for
ElasticSearch support. Wikimedia search plugin needs to be installed
for ElasticSearch 2.x series.
* Special:Translate now has a summary field.
* Special:Translate is much more robust thanks to improved error
handling and to many small bugs having been fixed.
* Page translation is much more robust.
* The sandbox feature of Translate extension requires MediaWiki 1.27 or newer.
* Translate's export functionality is now on separate special page
* The style of ULS's dialogs have been updated and polished to be more
* The default geoip service for Universal Language Selector is changed
because the old service is discontinued.
* Major update on webfont formats: woff2 format added, eot and svg
== Babel ==
* Ricordisamoa changed language categories to be formatted
consistently following the BCP47 standard.
== CLDR ==
* Thiemo Mättig changed "Multiple Languages" and "Unknown Language" to
"multiple languages" and "unknown languages" in English.
== CleanChanges ==
== LocalisationUpdate ==
* Maintenance updates only.
== Translate ==
* Kunal Grover's patch to update translation pages upon deletion of
translation units was merged with the help of Glaisher.
* David Causse made translation memory and translation search work
with new ElasticSearch version.
* Pratik Lahoti's improvements to the user interface of
Special:PageMigration was merged with help of Federico Leva.
* Glaisher fulfilled a long requested feature to have summary field on
* Glaisher fixed bugs and improved stability of the page translation feature.
* Glaisher added a log subtype selector for the page translation log
* Glaisher fixed false warnings about bad translation in
Special:Translate when the source text contained discouraged html or
* Glaisher moved export functionality from Special:Translate to
* Niklas Laxström improved message group selector on Special:Translate.
* Niklas Laxström improved display of Special:Translate for small screens.
* Niklas Laxström fixed flash of unstyled content on many of
Translate's special pages.
* Niklas Laxström changed JSON file format handler to always output a
metadata section. T118205
* Niklas Laxström fixed multiple issues related to statsbar updates on
* Niklas Laxström improved the refresh-translatable-pages.php
maintenance script so that it creates missing source language pages.
* Niklas Laxström updated Translate's sandbox feature to use
* Federico Leva made characterEditStats.php to able to scan history
further than the recent changes table. T64833
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* Compact language links feature is much improved, and can now be
enabled without being a beta feature.
* Santhosh Thottingal added support for browser provided language
preferences for compact language links.
* Lots of styling updates.
* Niklas Laxström did cleanups to language name search which might
affect search results.
* Niklas Laxström fixed style issues for input method listing.
* Niklas Laxström updated the default geoip provider.
** Santhosh Thottingal added support for WOFF2 format for web fonts.
Niklas Laxström dropped support for EOT and SVG formats.
** Kartik Mistry updated Skiers II font for Gothic language. T124785
* Input Methods:
** Added Khmer NiDA standard Unicode keyboard.
** Added Akan language keyboard.
** Added Enhanced Ol Chiki InScript and Sarjom Baha phonetic keyboards
for Santali language.
** Various fixes for Punjabi, Urdu keyboards.
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n