[Mediawiki-i18n] Localisation fallback between Slovak and Czech languages

Sébastien Santoro dereckson at espace-win.org
Sun Aug 21 17:17:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

Until MediaWiki 1.27, any message not translated in Slovak or in Czech
is printed in English.

For MediaWiki 1.28, we plan to offer a fallback between Slovak and
Czech languages, as these languages are easier to understand to
contributors than English. The fallback is currently committed on our
master branch.

Than means any message not translated in Slovak on a MediaWiki
installation in Slovak will be printed in Czech and inversely.

This change has been prepared by Federico Leva.

If you approve this change or has concerns with it, your opinion is
welcome at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T143474.

If you don't have a Phabricator account, you can use e-mail and I'll
forward your opinion.

--
Best Regards,
Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson