[Mediawiki-i18n] Get those small bugs fixed by new contributors: It's Google Code-In time!
aklapper at wikimedia.org
Sun Nov 1 23:09:09 UTC 2015
* Do you have small, self-contained, "easy" bugs you'd love to get fixed?
(Also see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Annoying_little_bugs )
* Does your documentation need improvements?
* Do your old bugs welcome some testing?
* Does your user interface have some small design issues?
* Do you have some tasks that welcome some research?
Google Code-In (GCI) will take place again in Dec+Jan: a contest for
13-17 year old students to provide small contributions to free software
Wikimedia will apply again to take part in GCI. The more tasks we can
offer the likelier the changes Wikimedia will get accepted.
Unsure about quality of contributions and effort?
Read about tgr's post about Multimedia achievements in GCI 2014:
* Add the project "GCI2015" + a comment to Phabricator tasks you'd mentor.
* Tasks are welcome in five areas: Code; Outreach/Research;
Documentation/Training; Quality Assurance; User Interface.
* Make sure the task description provides pointers to help the student.
* Add yourself to the table of mentors on the wikipage.
* "Beginner tasks" (<30 min for an experienced contributor) also welcome.
* "Generic" tasks also welcome (e.g. "Fix two user interface messages from
the "Blocked By" list in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T40638 ").
For all information, check
40 "easy" I18N tasks (are they still valid? are there more?):
Can you imagine providing a helping hand to someone fixing tasks?
Please ask if you have questions!
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n