[Mediawiki-i18n] [Wikimedia-l] ContentTranslation gets to 2000

Jon Robson jdlrobson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:29:38 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> > Again, the same problem with the infobox and lead image, but there
> > was a gallery that popped over and I was quite pleased with that.
>
> I'm glad to hear, thank you :)
>
> > I published the article with no categories, because the categories didn't
> > line up this time as they did in the Spanish-Dutch case.
>
> Yes - categories adaptation works only if directly corresponding category
> pages can be found in both languages. We may make it smarter in the
> not-so-far future.
>
> > Thinking over my experience, I would prefer you incorporate the Wikidata
> item info to build the infobox, rather than the source article.
>
> Using Wikidata for infoboxes would be ideal, of course. This requires
> better adaptation of infoboxes to Wikidata, and this must be done by the
> communities, but some work is being done in that direction.

FWIW note that mobile has this (for the time being but we are removing it
soon due to lack of traction) ! click on more information on
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert%20Einstein?mobileaction=alpha

I was talking on the bug to remove it about creating a web service for this
[1].

[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T100722#1319958

Jon Robson
* http://jonrobson.me.uk