[Mediawiki-i18n] LanguageConverter? Visual Editor? Content Translation?

C. Scott Ananian cananian at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 31 21:46:18 UTC 2015

Hello, language engineers and friends of languages!

There's a session proposed for the Wikimania Dev Summit on
LanguageConverter and ContentTranslation.  It is currently scheduled for
11:30AM on Tuesday of the WikiDev'16 summit (2015-01-05).

How many of your language folks are going to attend the developer summit
this year?  Will we have enough to make this a useful conversation?

There seems to be some concern that the discussion will not be productive
and thus we should not schedule the session.  Please respond in the phab
task (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T113002) if you are interested and
plan to attend.  Thanks!
  --scott

ps.  For background reading, you might check out my note to the language
committee earlier this year (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Language_committee/2015#The_future_of_Language_Variant_support)
and the RFC for "Scoped Language Converter" (T484).  I also led a
discussion at last year's dev summit (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87652).

--
(http://cscott.net)