[Mediawiki-i18n] explaining Extension:Translate vs. Extension:ContentTranslation

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 4 22:46:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> בתאריך 4 באוג׳ 2015 23:52,‏ "S Page" <spage at wikimedia.org> כתב:
> >
> > I have a hard time keeping them straight. As I understand it
> >
> > - Extension:ContentTranslation aids translation of _entire_ articles
> between _separate wikis_ . If you don't visit Special:ContentTranslation
> you don't notice its operation.
>
> This is mostly right, but of course you will see the articles created with
> its help as a reader and a recent changes patroller. They will also have a
> tag in the revision.

And one more thing, if it hasn't changed in the meantime: if you're looking
at an article on wiki A that has no interwiki to wiki B, where B is the
"fallback language" for language A, Extension:ContentTranslation (abbrev.
CX) will subtly invite you to translate the article from A into B by
putting a grayed(!) link in the interwiki space.  If you click that, you
find yourself in CX from A to B.

   A.
--
    Asaf Bartov