[Mediawiki-i18n] {{ns:project}} in messages

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:52:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Niklas Laxström <niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To my knowledge the best practice is as follows:
>
> 1) "Please see [[Project:Help]]."
> 2) "Please see {{ns:project}}:Help"
>
> 1) Inside links MediaWiki will perform normalisation automatically.

Ermm… does it? I thought the best practice was as follows:

1) “Please see [[{{ns:project}}:Help]].”
2) “More details in [[Project:Help|the help pages]].”
3) “Please see {{ns:project}}:Help”

MediaWiki does normalize the _destination URL_ of the links, but not the
displayed text, i.e. the displayed result in your #1 would be equivalent to
[[{{ns:Project}}:Help|Project:Help]], i.e. English-language “Project” is
always displayed.

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]