[Mediawiki-i18n] Fwd: How to edit translated pages

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:18:10 UTC 2014

10.05.2014 11:53:54 (CEST), Jeph Alapat kirjoitti:
> We've decided to keep it really simple. We'll pick the interface language
> from the user's language setting & disable the endorsements on translated
> pages. We are assuming the primary grant language as english, till such
> time that the mediawiki bug is fixed or we decide to tag the page with a
> language marker inside the wikitext ourselves (It'll be local to our
> gadget
> though).

Ok, it’s easier for now. Anyway could you use a subpage "/Endorsements" to
avoid changing the main page? Else there will be always a message on the
top "mark this page for the translation" and the endorsements on the
translated pages will hardly stay synchronised with the main page. Such a
subpage can be transcluded on main page and translations with
"{{:Grants:IEG/Heather's test/Endorsements}}".

~ Seb35