[Mediawiki-i18n] Fwd: How to edit translated pages

Jeph Alapat jalapat at wikimedia.org
Sat May 3 10:38:00 UTC 2014

Hi All,

The grants team & I are trying to build workflow tools to make it easier
for people to create grant and interact with it, endorsing it, joining it
etc.

The first tool we are building is a popup where anyone can endorse a grant
and add his/her comment in the popup.

Eg: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Heather%27s_test
You'll need to add importScript('User:Jeph_paul/endorse.js'); to your
common.js on meta.

We want users to be able to create grants in the own language too. We were
assuming we could edit the translated pages using the API but that does not
seem the case. It isn't possible to manually edit the translated page
either.
We are actually not looking for translation per se, we want users to be
able to create pages in different languages in the Grants namespace.

Eg: The user should be able to create
IEG's<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG>in his/her language.
There will be a template which will need translations
(The skeleton for a grant), but from then on we wont be needing the ability
to translate. The user should be able to go ahead & add content in his
language.

What would be the best way to achieve this in meta? Looking forward to your
comments.

Thanks
Jeph