[Mediawiki-i18n] [WikimediaMobile] Analysis of the hamburger icon

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:18:12 UTC 2014

Jon Robson, 04/12/2014 20:58:
> My hypothesis is that if clicks to the language icon are considerably
> higher than clicks to the hamburger icon the less recognisable the
> hamburger icon is in that language.

Interesting idea and nice way to get some data. However, I could
speculate that if a wiki has many pages with language links, especially
stubs, users are more likely to use them and read the pages in other
languages. If pages satisfy the users, or don't have language links, or
don't exist at all, then it's harder to get language clicks links (users
will reach other languages in other ways, e.g. search engines).

Can the count be restricted to pages where language links are available?

Nemo