[Mediawiki-i18n] [Multimedia] [Ops] Caching API responses

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 08:49:11 UTC 2014

Gergo Tisza, 27/04/2014 02:17:
> Meh, if we had to choose between disabling MediaViewer and sometimes
> displaying usernames in the wrong gender, that would be a no-brainer.
> i18n is important, but not *that* important.

I disagree: i18n comes first, new features must not be allowed to cause
i18n regressions. The question was what things could be dropped in case
of emergency and my personal answer is that, if you can't reach a
corresponding level of language support (or performance), the actual
file descriptions can be shown instead of a custom solution. The custom
file information area is just a pageful of stuff outside the screen
anyway; loading the page description instead is not a consistent feature
regression.

Nemo