[Mediawiki-i18n] Length of messages in BetaFeatures

Mark Holmquist mtraceur at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 4 16:59:46 UTC 2013

Hello again, i18n list!

Today I'm here to bug you about a new extension, BetaFeatures[0]. It's
been high priority for me for the past few weeks, and it's coming to
fruition very quickly. Quim and I were just chatting about translating
it, though, and one of the strings (which is a description of a feature[1])
is very long, longer than one might expect for a translator to follow.

I'm wondering what the possible solutions are, for this. There will be
multiple features registered in the weeks to come, and it will be other
projects registering the features, not BetaFeatures itself. The messages
will likely be created in other repositories. So I'll need a recommendation
for those developers to avoid irritating translatewiki.

Your help here is very much appreciated - we're looking to get this extension
out and deployed in the very near future, so it would be great to push
a new way to translate these longer messages very soon.

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:BetaFeatures
[1] http://multimedia-alpha.wmflabs.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Betafeatures-auto-enroll-desc

--
Mark Holmquist