[Mediawiki-i18n] Differences in language names between MW core and CLDR

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 09:09:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Petr Kadlec, 30/10/2013 22:18:
>
>  So, I compiled a list [1][2] of 39 differences in language names between
>> MW core and the CLDR extension. Some of those differences are just case
>> changes, some of them might be errors in one of the sources, some of
>> them just random choices between two equally valid versions (like in the
>> Czech case, it’s not like one of them is generally better than the
>> other, it’s just that consistency would be better).
>>

> And some are just locales which don't exist in CLDR yet. Thanks for this
> list! Just to confirm, those you took from CLDR are all language autonyms,
> i.e. the language name in that language?

Yes, I compared the name of the language in Names.php with the name of the
language in _the corresponding_ CldrNamesXx.php from the CLDR extension,
i.e. note I did not use CLDR data directly, only the CLDR extension. (The
script which created the list can be seen on github, a link is in the
original post.)

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]