[Mediawiki-i18n] Fwd: Problem with translated templates

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Thu May 23 13:02:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm having an issue with translated templates, and I'm not sure if
it's a bug or just me being thick, so I'm hoping the i18n wizard can
help me :)

I've set up the following template for translation:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Tech_header

FuzzyBot has copied the source strings to the appropriate subpages,
for example https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translations:Template:Tech_header/3/en

However, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Tech_header/en
hasn't been created. This causes {{Translatable navigation template}}
to fail and display a red link to [[Template:Tech_header/en]], which
means I can't call the translated template.

The same problem happens with
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Tech_news_nav

I've temporarily reverted my edits to both templates because the
problem was breaking pages (I couldn't use {{TNT}} because the /en
subpage didsn't exist, but I couldn't use the normal template call
either because it showed <translate> tags, so I reverted).

Guillaume Paumier
https://guillaumepaumier.com