[Mediawiki-i18n] [Commons-l] Enabling the Translate and UniversalLanguageSelector extensions on Commons

Jean-Frédéric jeanfrederic.wiki at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:13:24 UTC 2013

> Just a quick follow up on this. ULS has been enabled on CommonsBeta
>>
>  (thanks to Nemo I think!) ;
>>

> Noo it's just the ULS deployment plan by the WMF Language engineering team
> (we'll hear about it very soon).

Oh, I see. Thanks to them then - though I am indeed eager to hear more
about it...

> but apart fromThere has not been much
>>
> activity on the RFC, unfortunately.
>>
>> I am unsure what needs to be done by whom and when. Should we already
>> try to seek large Commons community consensus? Should the i18n folks
>> comment on the deployment plan before?
>>

> The RfC s not even linked from <
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Requests_for_comment>

It is from <
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Centralized_discussion> and was
mentionned on the Village Pump.

> I thought it wasn't officially open?

Well, it is not in the sense I was not looking yet for the shower of
Support/Oppose. I thought we needed to have it fleshed out a bit using the
input of the i18n folks - but this was just how I saw the all thing, I am
probably mistaken.

I was actually planning a SiteNotice ^____^