[Mediawiki-i18n] Hi

Siebrand Mazeland (WMF) smazeland at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 13 12:19:22 UTC 2013

Tin Aung Linn, great news I think. Two hours ago, a Fedora/Red Hat i18n
engineer ported the m17n input method Mynamar XKB keyboard layout to
jquery.ime[1].

jQuery.IME is the collection of input methods that is used in the Universal
Language Selector[2], which is installed on some Wikimedia wikis at the
moment (meta, wikidata, mediawiki.org -- no Wikipedias yet). It is also
used on translatewiki.net. We cannot yet install it in place of WebFonts
and Narayam because of some caching challenges that we hope to tackle
within the next few months, although the exact time to fix is unknown at
the moment. We are waiting for Wikimedia Foundation resources that can help
the Language Engineering team with moving from squid to Varnish for text
caching and then implement the rules needed to ensure that we can process
accept language correctly.

[1] https://github.com/wikimedia/jquery.ime/pull/122
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector

Cheers!