[Mediawiki-i18n] beta testing mobile webfonts
rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 16 21:03:45 UTC 2013
Per conversations with Amir, Santhosh, Siebrand, and Jon, I would like to
beta test mobile webfonts on 1 wiki and then possibly add more wikis later
if the beta test does not cause any adverse effects. To this end, I have
identified seven candidate wikis that I would like your help to narrow down
further. These seven wikis meet the following criteria:
1. The language of the wiki would benefit from loading a webfont by default
2. The default font would be less than 50K in size
3. The wiki has at least 50 active users (i.e. a community)
Language Code Articles Users Active Users Font Size Punjabi pa 8,069 6,818
61 12.6K Gujarati gu 24,623 17,696 59 28K Marathi mr 39,621 39,114 135
36.4K Nepali ne 24,944 14,379 73 36.5K Hindi hi 109,045 101,837 274 37.3K
Oriya or 4,535 5,937 76 47.8K Kannada kn 14,384 17,455 177 48K
The main variables that I don't know are:
1. How bad is the experience on each of these wikis without webfonts?
2. Do we already have a working relationship with the communities on any of
If you guys could help me narrow down this list to one or two choices, it
would be greatly appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mediawiki-i18n