[Mediawiki-i18n] building jquery.ime with rangy for the ULS extension

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Aug 20 18:51:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

What is the right way to build jquery.ime with rangy for updating it in the
ULS extension?

I have the following simple script to do this:

===========================
#!/bin/bash
DESTINATION=/home/amire80/dev/livowiki/extensions/UniversalLanguageSelector/lib/jquery.ime/
rm -rf dist
grunt --force # --force is needed because of
https://github.com/wikimedia/jquery.ime/issues/249
rm dist/jquery.ime/jquery.ime.min.js
cp -rv dist/jquery.ime/* $DESTINATION
===========================

Is this the best way?

When I run it, grunt concatenates rangy to the end of the concatenated
jquery.ime, which is probably wrong because rangy is already there in the
ULS extension tree.

So:

1. Is concatenation needed at all for jquery.ime? We don't concatenate for
jquery.uls, but rely on ResourceLoader.
2. What is the right way to update rangy?
3. Is jquery.ime.min.js needed for anything? If it's not known to be useful
to anybody, can this be just removed?

Thanks!

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‎“We're living in pieces,