[Mediawiki-i18n] I18n deployment 2013-04-30

Niklas Laxström nlaxstrom at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 26 15:27:49 UTC 2013

The next i18n deployment window is on Tuesday 2013-04-30 starting at 08:00 UTC.

For bug 46716 [1] we will run a script refresh-translatable-pages.php
for all wikis using the Translate extension. It will ensure that all
translation pages will be up to date. As a side effect, it will also
remove any fuzzy/outdated translations still left in translation pages
(many of those have already been removed due to updates triggered by
translation edits).

Potential real fix for bug 46716, will get deployed along with
1.22wmf3 [2] as well as the fix for bug 47178 [3]. This bug caused a
lot of unnecessary invalidation of translations, contributing to the
many complaints about the new way of handling outdated translations.
See [4].

[1] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/46716
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.22/Roadmap#Schedule_for_the_deployments
[3] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/47178