[Mediawiki-i18n] [Design] Making inter-language links shorter

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Thu Apr 18 22:03:31 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 18 avril 2013 à 18:50 +0200, Pau Giner a écrit :
> As multilingual content grows, interlanguage links become longer on
> Wikipedia articles. Articles such as "Barak Obama" or "Sun" have more
> than 200 links, and that becomes a problem for users that often
> switch
> […]
> As part of the testing process for the ULS language settings, I
> included a task to test also the compact interlanguage designs. Users
> seem to understand their use (view recording), but I wanted to get
> some feedback for changes affecting such an important element.

Very nice job, congratulation. For the feedback:
- you may use a plain text label like "additional languages" instead of
a simple "…"
- when you start typing to filter then type backspace, you won't have a
less filtered list again, you have to hit the cross to clear the whole
entry.
- a totaly personal bias : I prefer broon icons like in Gnome instead of
cross, but cross I widely used so I guess it's not a usability issue