[Mediawiki-i18n] Seeking code reviewers for SignWriting extension

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at signpuddle.net
Tue Apr 16 14:45:19 UTC 2013

On 4/16/13 3:36 AM, Niklas Laxström wrote:
> I tried to install your extension but could not get it working.
> Perhaps you could expand the readme with more detail on what use cases
> the extension is for and how to use it.

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for taking a look.  I'll add more details to the extension page
and include a README in gerrit.

Here's what I have so far.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SignWriting_MediaWiki_Plugin

The viewer plugin only works when there is Formal SignWriting on a
page.  Otherwise, nothing happens.

Example Text
-----------
M518x529S14c20481x471S27106503x489
M518x533S1870a489x515S18701482x490S20500508x496S2e734500x468 S38800464x496

I can think of 2 reasons for the extension to fail.
1) the browser is using a cached version of Javascript from the server
2) the browser crashed on the Javascript

You can fix #1 with a hard page refresh.

You can investigate #2 through the browser development tools to see if
there was an error.

A 3rd problem could exist because the plugin assumes that ResourceModule
will include the Javascript code at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
∼Steve