[Mediawiki-i18n] [Localisation-team] Notes on today's i18n deployment

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:48:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Alolita Sharma <asharma at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi Robla,
>
> Any comments on how we can smoothen our deployments and get timely updates
> on issues your release engineering team is facing (such as scap problems
> etc.)?
>
> Is there an irc channel or mailing list we can all be on to get better
> communication about our fast evolving deployment architecture so that it is
> easier for teams such as ours (i18n) to do deployments.

Our deployment architecture isn't fast evolving, it just changed a lot
due to git. Scap was broken for an unrelated reason, and we fixed it
yesterday. The permissions issues were due to Niklas having a broken
umask; Aaron ran into this earlier as well, and we don't really handle
the umask situation well unfortunately.

Generally, poking people if things break works well enough IMO.
There's not really a given person or team that is able to help with
all deployment-related problems because there are different kinds.

Roan