[Mediawiki-i18n] The name of your language in MediaWiki - action required

Shervin Afshar shervinafshar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:57:32 UTC 2012

Hi Amir,

I skimmed through the list and haven't seen anything incorrect. I have a
question though; considering the fact that some of this data is available
in CLDR, have you ever considered integrating their data and then do a
fallback? The fallback would definitely be necessary in some cases because
your list is *way* more extensive than what CLDR currently supports.

Of course, CLDR specs lets adding new locales easily. So the ideal would be
to have a seed (with minimal information) for the locales which doesn't
exists there and are present in MW list. As CLDR is peer reviewed through
surveys targeted in-country scholars and standard body representatives,
normally the quality of the data and metadata is very good.

In the past, there was at least this one extension I know off which was
facilitating the use of CLDR data on MW:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CLDR

Let me know what you think. I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,
Shervin