[Mediawiki-i18n] I18ndeploy 2012-03-12

Niklas Laxstrom nlaxstrom at wikimedia.org
Sun Mar 11 15:40:33 UTC 2012

Next deployment is on Monday 2012-03-12, 17:00-18:00 UTC

This time we are planning to update our three major extensions to
latest versions.

Summary of WebFonts changes visible to users:
* Amiri font (NEW) (Persian, not yet enabled for Arabic)
* Lohit family fonts updated to version 2.5.1
* Jomolhari (Tibetan, Dzongkha)

Summary of Narayam changes visible to users:
* Ahirani transliteration and InScript (NEW - only in incubator)
* Bhojpuri transliteration and InScript (BETA - only in incubator)
* Gurmukhi Punjabi transliteration (BETA - only in incubator)

Summary of Translate changes relevant to Wikimedia users:
* Translation administrator can now suggest languages translatable
page should be primarily translated into with a note or preventing
other language translations.
* Encourage/discourage changes of translatable pages are now logged.
* Help link is no longer added twice in Special:SupportedLanguages
*  Improved the position of help links in Monobook skin.
* Group description of translatable pages can be extended by adding
content to [[MediaWiki:Tp-custom-<group id>]].
* New tabbed task-based UI on Special:Translate

Core change:
* Show all CSS/JS pages as left-to-right r112423

 -Niklas