[Mediawiki-i18n] [Wikitech-ambassadors] Requesting mail man translation facility in translate wiki

Siebrand Mazeland (WMF) smazeland at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 17 22:11:10 UTC 2012

Hi Jeremy and Mahitgar,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy at tuxmachine.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 21:12, Mahitgar from Marathi Wikipedia <
> mahitgar at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
> Sorry if I am putting my request at wrong place ,Please forward the same
> > right people if you happen to know them on my behalf .I here with
> earnestly
> > request to make mailman wikimedia mailing list/mailman  localisation
> > translation facility avaialable at translatewiki.net

Although I would like this, too, it's not in my hands entirely. We need the
developer community of the products we support to stand behind this,
because we will demand that they will follow up on the translator
questions. Otherwise we would be just any localisation platform. We pride
ourselves to be the platform that cares about translators and real quality.
See https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:New_project for details. I
would suggest that you get in touch with the developers and or translators
and discuss how they like their current solutions, and if they're open to
changing those.

See http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Internationalization (kinda recent)
> and http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Managing+Translations (ancient)

OTRS might be another Wikimedia tool that could benefit from localisation.
As said: we're not diving in supporting projects without backup from the
developer community of those projects.

Cheers!

--
Siebrand Mazeland