[Mediawiki-i18n] [Wikitech-l] Report on WebFonts deployment

Håkon Wium Lie howcome at opera.com
Tue Jan 3 08:56:26 UTC 2012

Also sprach Siebrand Mazeland (WMF):

 > My apologies up front for the long e-mail that follows. In this e-mail you
 > will find a comprehensive status overview of the recent WebFonts deployment.
 >
 > On Monday December 12 at 18:00 UTC we deployed the extension WebFonts[1] to
 > 40 wikis in 11 Indic languages and Wikimedia Incubator

This is great news, concratulations. When the webfonts battle started

  http://news.cnet.com/Microsofts-forgotten-monopoly/2010-1032_3-6085417.html

some people doubted that "non-Western scripts can easily be added", as
the article claimed. Perhaps "easily" isn't the best word, but your
work has shown that it's possible, and -- as a result -- the world is
a better place.

Cheers,

-h&kon
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome