[Mediawiki-i18n] Malayalam Wikipedia special page error

Praveen Prakash me.praveen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:43:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just heard about a weird error in Malayalam wikis (ml.wikipedia.org
etc),  That special pages gave  "No such pages" messages. And somebody
connected that to Unicode Malayalam's problematic chillu character. I
recently changed all old version chillus to new version on translate
wiki. New version chillus are atomic and so they are less problematic.
We have reached some consensus on using unicode 5.1 also. Tim fixed that
problem as soon as he informed through irc.

But still it is unclear what happened and how fixed. I think somebody
can help.

Thanks
praveenp

Ref: http://identi.ca/notice/27866947 ,