[Mediawiki-i18n] Localization of monobook toolbar

Eugene Zelenko eugene.zelenko at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 19:33:29 UTC 2007

Hi!

On 10/20/07, Александр Сигачёв <alexander.sigachov at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can localize buttons on monobook toolbar by adding code like this
> to MediaWiki:Monobook.js of your wiki.
>
> if (wgAction == 'edit' || wgAction == 'submit')
> addOnloadHook(function(){
>  if (mwEditButtons.length < 2) return;
>  // bold button
>  mwEditButtons[0].imageFile =
> 'http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/9/9a/Button_boldru.png';
>  // italic button
>  mwEditButtons[1].imageFile =
> 'http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/8/88/Button_italicru.png';
> })

Great news!

From other side I could suggest to add customized buttons according to
language in MediaWiki itself (LanguageXYZ.php looks right candidature
to specify file names). It'll make installation of MediaWiki much
easier for languages other then English. And same changes could be
propagated between different projects on same language (Wikipedia,
Wikibooks, Wikisource, Commons, etc.)

Also images could be shared between different languages (as currently
redirect button image for Belarusian taken from Russian).

With best regards,
Eugene.