[Mediawiki-i18n] Encoding after 1.4 to 1.5 upgrade

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:13:58 UTC 2006

It's a encoding problem. Your wiki is in ISO-8859-1, but showed as UTF-8
(and thus failing). If you change your browser encodign to ISO-8859-1, it
repairs (revert 201.139.53.136 edits to Portada, and probably other edits
with mixed encodings). The monobook parameters will fail (trying to show
utf-8 as ISO-8859-1 :D), but page show.
You could do two things: Change config to ask php sending ISO-8859-1
encoding in headers, instead of the current utf-8 it sends (and correct MW
messages)  or  convert your articles to UTF-8 (there should be some
auto-converter anywhere).

Note: This list is not intended for support. You should have pointed it on
the mediawiki-l or wikitech-l and probably you need to fill a bug, as
install updating should have handled this.

Saludos
Platonides