[Mediawiki-i18n] Updates to messages

helix84 helix84 at centrum.sk
Tue Nov 28 22:23:04 UTC 2006

Hello, I'm new in this list. It seems kind of dead.
I'm sending a list of changes to MessagesEn.php which could help you
update your local messages.
I hope this will help, if you want me to send an update like this once
in a while let me know (if there's no response I'll suppose there's no
need).

* new:
$specialPageAliases (array)
tog-nolangconversion
pagecategories
pagecategorieslink
blocked-mailpassword
throttled-mailpassword
emailnotauthenticated
missingcommentheader
summary-preview
subject-preview
templatesusedpreview
templatesusedsection
editundo
undo
undofailed
explainundofailed
unusedtemplates-summary
upload-proto-error
upload-proto-error-text
upload-file-error
upload-file-error-text
upload-misc-error
upload-misc-error-text
upload-curl-error6
upload-curl-error6-text
upload-curl-error28
upload-curl-error28-text
disambiguations-summary
doubleredirects-summary
brokenredirects-summary
lonelypages-summary
deadendpages-summary
allpagesbadtitle
emailccme
emailccsubject
undeleterevision-missing
ipbenableautoblock
noautoblockblock
autosumm-blank
autosumm-replace
autoredircomment
autosumm-new

* removed:
autoredircomment (?)

* changed:
alreadyrolled
categories
category-media-count
confirmemail_sendfailed
excontentauthor
feed-atom
feed-rss
newmessagesdifflink
import-logentry-upload
revision-info + revision-nav -> old-revision-navigation
sorbs
sorbsreason
sorbs_create_account_reason

Tip: Did you know that you can localize messages (interface strings)
easily on Betawiki ( http://nike.users.idler.fi/betawiki/ ) and have
it commited to SVN?

Tip: How localization works (in case any of you don't know).
1.) you download current version of  MessagesXX.php from SVN
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/languages/messages/
2.) translate interface strings
3a.) file a bugzilla ( http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ ) report
requesting update, attaching a patch
3b.) alternatively, ask a developer directly at
irc://irc.freenode.net/mediawiki-i18n
4.) thus, the patch will be commited to SVN, which is the current
production version of MediaWiki for everyone to download
5.) changes will be visible on Wikimedia project in about two days,
when server admins update installations from SVN.

~~helix84

---
Don't blame me for any innacurate info, I just want to help :)