[Mediawiki-i18n] Announcement of Wikimedia Servers Software Updates?

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Mon May 15 14:03:49 UTC 2006

Hi!

On 5/15/06, Eugene Zelenko <eugene.zelenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think will be great, if updates of MediaWiki software on Wikimedia
> servers will be announced in this mailing list. Of course, I could
> look into Special:Version :-), but it'll be more handy.

IIANM, Wikimedia servers are running (almost) directly from the
Subversion trunk, which means any change to the software affects
Wikipedia (almost) immediately. There are no explicit version releases
that could be announced.

If you want to be reminded of any software change, you could subscribe
to mediawiki-cvs (see
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-cvs), but be
advised the number of commits is not really low...

HTH,
-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]