[Mediawiki-i18n] documentation of MediaWiki messages

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:01:10 UTC 2006

Hi!

On 06/12/06, wiki at marcusbuck.org <wiki at marcusbuck.org> wrote:

> I am wondering, whether it really is correct, that there is no
> documentation of
> function or use of the single MediaWiki messages? If you try to translate
> messages without knowing anything about their context, this really is
> hard. Is
> there anywhere in this big wiki world any page, where I at least can see,
> which
> Special pages or whatever use these messages?

I am afraid not, which is understandable if you consider how quickly the
messages evolve—the page would get obsolete very soon.

I always look into the source code to see where a message is used, but that
requires at least a basic PHP (and probably also MediaWiki) knowledge.

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]